Hyacinth Bean vine

Kermit, TX(Zone 7b)

Does anyone know anything about this vine?

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Good question, I got seed on a RR and got about 7 or 8 to grow. Now I need to plant them out.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

It grows like kudzu, but it's an annual. lol

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Try looking up Dolchios lablab or Lablab purpurea. It's tame in zone 6. Here it is a nice annual with interesting leaves and nicely scented purple flowers. I plant it every year. It's a member of the bean family.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Here ya go. :)
http://plantsdatabase.com/search.php?search_text=Lablab

Kermit, TX(Zone 7b)

Thankyou!

Shalimar, FL(Zone 8a)

I planted them last year. They were a nice annual vine here with lovely purple flowers all summer. Hummers seemed to enjoy them. Made lots of "beans" that I collected to start and share this year. The beans are "pretty", too!
My plants last year came from a friend who started them from beans that were several years old. I planted some in full sun and ordinary soil and others in part shade. All did well.

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

I started some from seed this year, and some of growing fast and some are growing slow. Its strange. I found its harder to start the purple beans than the white ones.

For quick germination, knick or file the seedcoat so water can get in, and soak them overnight. They'll be up in no time! I love the flowers and cant wait to have my own.

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

I just planted some 3 day's ago, hoping they pop up soon. I nicked the seed's before planting too

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.