How about some Dutch Iris?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

This is my first year with these! Aren't they lovely?

Thumbnail by Badseed
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Yellow and white combination.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6a)

So pretty and delicate looking! Growing these for the first time? Now you have several new babies! And congratulations on your new little girl. I joined DG around the time you had her, and have enjoyed looking at her pictures. She's one of the loveliest little flowers I've seen!

Claire

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Claire. Thank you much for the compliments. Yes, hard to believe but this is my first time with Dutch Iris. I still have to get pictures of the purple ones. ;) Madelynne is number six in girls for me. LOL

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Those are lovely. We've had Dutch Iris for a few years. Just a variety package from Breck's & WalMart. Then last year I bought a couple named ones from Brecks. I don't think they have bloomed yet this spring.

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

I planted mixed Dutch iris for the first time last fall, too. Why did I wait so long??? We really enjoyed them early this spring. Now they are all done, and the foliage is yellowing. I hope they come back next year.

Cheri'

Princeton, IL(Zone 5a)

What is the name of that cultivar? Love the color combination.

LimeyLisa Kay

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Whoops! Meant to go look at the tags. I believe both of the above were from Bleek's last bulb co-op. I still need to get a picture of the purple ones. LOL 24 hour days are just too short! I bought mixed ones locally as well but they seem to be all purple. :)

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

I have had dutch iris for some years now....they look so pretty in the spring. And it is so nice to see them back every year !

Thumbnail by picturelady
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Aren't they gorgeous!

The top pic is 'White Wedgewood'.
The second pic is 'Apollo'.
Be back soon with 'Blue Ribbon'. :)

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank-you badseed, This shows more of the corner...they are squeezed in among my daylilies! I have recent added some TB...and will also be adding SDB to the bed!

Thumbnail by picturelady
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Lucky you! My daylilies haven't really started to bloom yet, well just one. Mine are hidden in the tall Iris. LOL

Here is 'Blue Ribbon'.

Thumbnail by Badseed
San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Did someone say daylilies??? : )))
Here is my daylily bed out front yesterday!

Thumbnail by picturelady
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

That is not very nice! LOL Want to see some hem foliage??

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

I'm sorry badseed!!! ;'))) The devil made me do it !!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

If I lived in CA, you'd all see a bunch of devil in me. LOL

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

These are blooming from a mixed package I picked up from Kmart. The yellow and white ones look like the named ones I have. The other is a really deep fuschia/grape color and the other is a very pale blue. I really like all the colors.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

Beautiful! I love them all!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.