passion flower vines

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Could someone please tell me what type of sun exposure they prefer. I received some cuttings from JCF but I can't seem to find out what side of the house I should plant these on. Any advise would be great. TKS

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

I have mine in full sun from morning- mid afternoon and it is thriving. It gets a little wilty around 12-1 every day, but perks back up with afternoon shade.

I dont think I'd plant a young cutting in full sun though-- you might want to keep it in a container until it fills out roots and new growth and then plant it in sun. But you should probably get a couple more opinions!

Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

Jan, which ones do you have? I agree with Art_in_garden that most prefer full sun, but some will grow quite well in part sun or even mostly shade. Most Passifloras like heat, but some will only bloom when it is cool. If you have more than one cutting of the same kind, I would recommend planting them on different sides of the house, and then you can compare them with each other.

Thumbnail by Clare_CA
Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9b)

I have my Allspice in full sun ,but the rest get about 4 to5 hours, up to 1 P.M.,then shade. My zone is like your's I'll bet. What do you have them in ground or container?This is the guy with the full sun. When it gets to 95+ I think he will get an umbrella. The shot is 8:04 P.M. just before dark. This flower is more purple, but fading light makes it look more blue.

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9b)

This is closer. This is at 10:22 A.M. The light shows it's real colors.

This message was edited May 8, 2004 10:16 PM

Thumbnail by RichSwanner

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.