Clematis 'Asao'

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Maybe someone wants to start a clematis photo thread?

Thumbnail by Dea
Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Another shot

Thumbnail by Dea
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Very pretty, Dea, my Nelly Moser isn't blooming yet or others yet here.

Brundidge, AL(Zone 8b)

i will post my dr ruppel tomorrow it started blooming today. This is jack mannii ( i think i spelled it right but ) atleast that is what the tag said.

Thumbnail by springsong
Brundidge, AL(Zone 8b)

one more for you

Thumbnail by springsong
Brundidge, AL(Zone 8b)

can someone also tell me when the seed heads are ready and what part is the seed? I wanted to try my hand at starting these from seed.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Both of your pictures of your Clematis blooms are beautiful!

Springsong: If you are interested in growing Clematis from seed, here is a link to the International Clematis Society's web page. It will help you identify viable seeds and also gives germinating instructions. http://ds.dial.pipex.com/clematis/seeds.htm

Dothan,, AL(Zone 8a)

Pretty clemantis. I bought one a few weeks ago, Dr. Ruppel. Now I don't knw where to plant it. I just moved it to a larger pot.

Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9b)

This is Pink Champagne

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

LOL Mine is called
"Dr. Rupert's"....its so funny how people at the nurseries change the names slightly. I have several cleamatis blooming now, I'll try to take pics today too.

Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9b)

This is called Warsaw Nike.

Thumbnail by RichSwanner
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I found a lot of sites with Dr. Ruppel as the name, but only one or two with Dr. Rupert's as the name. They are close enough to Nellie Moser that I probably won't get one. Jackmanii (sp) is one of my favorites. I can always count on it to bloom. Pink Champagne is very pretty as is Warsaw Nike. I think I have Asao, but not sure. It is a beauty too. There are just so many I'd love to have, but finding room for trellises is a big problem. Great pictures everyone.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.