'Congratulations'

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

From the Co-Op - I can't stop looking at it!

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Upton, MA(Zone 5b)

Absolutely gorgeous!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

One of my favorites!

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

When I heard about an iris coop on DG I wanted to know when it was (as in, is it "time" to have another one? lol). Then I found out there was also a siberian iris coop, too. Does anyone know when they were? I'd love to just drool over what was offered in addition to the absolutely gorgeous Congratulations! pictured here.

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

this was the old bearded iris co-op from last year.

http://davesgarden.com/t/384780/

we prolly shouldn't post to it, and bump it up, lest others think it's a current co-op.

Only one of my co-op irises bloomed, but the fault is prolly mine. Not enough sun, I guess ... *sigh*

Cheri'

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Cheri, don't say it isn't enough sun necessarily. I belong to the local Iris Society and saw several irises blooming directly under evergreen trees! These irises got VERY little sun.

One of the members swears by fertilizing her irises with 0-50-50, but I think I'll try Superthrive on mine.

And, thanks for supplying the Iris Coop forum. I won't post on it.

This message was edited May 6, 2004 3:11 PM

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I have some Iris that get spring sun & mostly shade the rest of the year--bloom great. For me, drainage & air-flow is crucial. Lots of clay here & I interplant with other perennials.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Sue when ever your ready to divide your iris, please let me know.....I'm sure I have that day off of work :-)
Gorgeous pic!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

You got it Rikerbear! I truly keep staring at it like a dork! I walked by several times today and I think I stopped each time.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

That's not dorky (well maybe a little), isn't that why we plant the lovelies, to enjoy them?
Thanks again for posting the pic and allowing the rst of us to enjoy it too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.