New Trillium in my garden

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I posted this on the ID forum, and Baa thinks it's maybe a Trillium cernuum.

Thumbnail by darius
Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm pretty sure it's catesbaei. Nodding trillium (cernuum) almost always has white flowers (pink exists), but the yellow stamens give it away as being the bashful trillium, catesbaei, which typically is pink. Both grow wild in your area.What a beauty!
Don

This message was edited May 5, 2004 9:02 AM

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Darius, maybe this is a blessing for letting the other plants go - it is a beauty.

Mount Hermon, LA(Zone 8b)

Darius, trilliums look like such sweet little plants. Can you tell me something about them? Such as how they grow (clump or spreading)? And if they repeat-bloom?

I am going to look them up in the PDB to see if they grow in my area (probably not -- most anything pretty fries here).

Jean

Wish I could, SweetPea... but I know less that what's available in the PDB and online elsewhere...

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

What a nice find, a beautiful little flower!

Stacy, There are actually lots of them along the mile-long edge of the woods driving into here. I don't see any of the more common white ones, though. Do see lots of poison ivy and a few Flame Azaleas.

I plan to try and propagate some Flame Azaleas, taking tip cuttings in a couple of weeks.

I have 3-4 more plants with trillium-like leaves emerging in my yard near where this trillium is... so far not flowering so don't know what they will be.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.