New to Iris question....

Ladson, SC(Zone 8b)

My father-in-law brought me over a bunch of Irises yesterday. His had multiplied so much that he had to separate them. They had already bloomed for him and they are just green stalks now. My question is this...After I replant them, will the bloom again this season?

Thanks in advance.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

There are irises that rebloom, but the majority do not. If you know the cultivar names of the irises you received, post them here, and I'll see if they appear in the Reblooming Iris Checklist.

Chances are, though, that they will not rebloom.

Laurie

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Here in Iowa, we have a short growing season so only 2 of my "re-bloomers" bloomed last fall. Just plant them & wait for them to bloom next spring.

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Where do you find the reblooming checklist?

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

You can order the Reblooming Checklist through the Reblooming Iris Society at http://www.rebloomingiris.com

Contact the Checklist Chairman for information:

Ken Roberts
341 Schwartz Rd., Gettysburg, PA 17325
Builderken@cvn.net

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

MOST IRIS BLOOM ONCE A YEAR. CUT FANS OFF TO ABOUT 3 INCHES RE MOVE ANY SPENT BLOOM STALKS TO RIZOME, TO PREVENT ROT .SEPERATE THE ONES STUCK TOGETHER. AND PLANT I INCH DEEP PUT SUPER PHOSPHAT IN HOLE FIRST WATER HOLE AND PLANT. GOD WILLING NEXT YEAR LOTS A BLOOM

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I have found I don't get as much bloom the first year after they are divided as I do after that. I only separate mine every 5 years instead of every 3 years as is often recommended, because I don't want a minimal-bloom year so often.......

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.