First peonie opening this year

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Love the fragrance of these!!!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

is that a double white, noticed a tad of pink or red on the edges, I just bought a double white the other day, name dutchess of something name excapes me right now, but it's beautiful, so's yours.

kathy_ann

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

K A. I forget thew name,maybe someone else would know!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

What a beautiful Peony Tropicman! I bet the scent livens your whole neighborhood! Mine look a bit "droopy" right now--we had a hard frost last night. I hope it doesn't brown the buds.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Mine are droopy too, need to stake the flowers on them, why do they fall over so much, must be those darned ol big humongous georgious flowers LOL

kathy

I use tomato cages. I buy the tall ones, cut them in half & use the bottom half for peony support/ the top narrow rings for other perennial plants. Mine bloom so heavily that one good rain storm would lay them all on the ground.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

And man has that happened a time or too!!!

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

I think its maybe Festiva Maxima? There's a thread about one that looks like it in the peony forum. Its gorgeous, my grandmother has the same one in her backyard and I love to go sit and smell them!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yep thats it,thanks Art!!
Heres some with rose,well can't think of that name either,but its the one where there is no thorns at all anywhere on the bush!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

here's my white one

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

here's a fushia colored double that just opened up, wish Iknew her name,

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Fushia,is gorgeous!!!

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Sure wish we could grow those here

We have a Peony Garden near here with over 500 varities. He says some will grow even in zone 8. The dormant period is more a lack of water than cold weather. I'll take photos in the next few weeks. Watch for a possible peony co-op in the fall.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

oh i'm hungry for more peonies, their soooooo georgious

kathy

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

I've only got the one white one and it's still in tight bud. Yours are all so beautiful... but I'm a pink lover and that fuschia one wins. I too fail at names. But if we love them they don't care what we call them.
Blooms

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.