Varigated japanese butter bar

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

It only gets bigger and pretty with time.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh, oh and oh! Let me know if you ever have an extra baby one! A friend gave me green ones last year and I think I'm addicted now! LOL

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes it does! I love it! Chel, if Tropicman, doesn't have enough to share yet, I do. I'll send ya an e-mail.
Dee

Thumbnail by DeeS
Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

hi, what a great looking plant! does it have a bloom? it really doesn't need a bloom, it's foliage is enough. i would be interested in a trade if you have any extras. belinda

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Wow oh wow Dee,can't wait until mine looks like THAT!

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Is this a Petasites,I gotta get on this list,that is great looking,I have the green Petasites,I am digging the whole bed out.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Why are you digging the bed out?? I need to get around to posting lists. LOL Have you seen Darmera peltata?? It's another gotta have for me! I need to replace my Rheum as well. What is it with huge leaved plants? ;)

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

I am putting in a deck over this bed,so it must be moved.

This message was edited May 7, 2004 3:01 PM

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

yep root that is exactly,what it is,I have both varigated and green

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

is it hardy???????
its gorgeous!

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Should be in your area CC. Need some green?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

send some to michigan! ;)

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

I will Dori,I have something else coming your way,just so you know,this stuff is pretty hardy,I am going to be careful where I replant it.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I got the green from rootdoctor and it has multiplied to 5 or 6 plants now. I'd love to get the variegated too one day. Beautiful.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I would love to have one of each, variegated and solid green. These are beautiful. I see new and different plants everyday,

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Hey Root,you got any left?

Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

Can it grow in sun or shade?

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Only morning sun,needs afternoon shade.

Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

Well, I guess I'll have to put up a large umbrella for it cause my Tulip tree fell and now it is in full sun. Does it need to be in a wet spot or just shade? Thanks! Sandy

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Hi Sandy,there are almost considered a bog plant,they like it moist all the time.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

oh i have the perfect spot out in my woods-theres a stream amd wet wet ground!!! gotta find some!

Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

notmartha, I have the green leafed one and also the variegated. You can have a piece of each for postage. If you are interested--e-mail me. Sandy

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

hugeposiepatch, I wonder if you have an extra piece or two? Maybe I can find something to trade, or postage, or whatever . . .

I have the perfect spot . . .

Cheri'

PS, it's not always that flooded, just often

Thumbnail by sundry
Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

I have not replanted and accessed mine,I think I may have 3,I am trying to think where I would let one loose,Sundry,you would not have anything else there,that looks like a great spot,just you may be whipping it back in A YEAR OR SO.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Would this even grow good here?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.