Grannies bonnets

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

I know I have no been in here much,but I am seeing signings of the Perennials,I am hoping they take.
Columbines and Corral bells coming on.

Thumbnail by rootdoctor
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

O those are purdy, rooty! Mine are just coming up here. It will be awhile before I see any flowers.

It looks like I lost a lot of perennials to the winter this year. I have some holes to fill in. Just as well... I need the space. It's nice of Mother Nature to do the culling for me ;-)

This message was edited May 1, 2004 8:30 AM

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

I had to pick them,I just got a call,and my tree man is coming to trim tomorrow,so they may get trampled.
Monica gets a bouquet for work.

Thumbnail by rootdoctor
Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

This is my first year with this one also.

Thumbnail by rootdoctor
Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Love that one !!!!

mine are just leaves still.....

heck some of my daffodils are just blooming...

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Too bad but I bet they make a pretty bouquet. :) The plants should be fine... I cut a lot of mine back to the ground after they flower and they put up nice clean growth in no time.

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

I am getting a deck put in next week,they should be on the edge,I can't wait till I can get that bed set up,it will be a shade bed,which I am pretty new at.

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Doc those are really pretty. What is the name of the purple one do you know? I love purple.

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks,I like it too,it is Barlow Black.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Purity purity purity!!

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

I am getting a new outlook on Perennials,I was out feeding my Brug seedlings,we had frost last night,you would never know it,I caught this out of the corner of my eye,this is the first year it has bloomed for me,I got it from my FIL,when he sold his house.

Thumbnail by rootdoctor
Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh root! What beautiful pics! I love columbine!! Is that a peony?? Ive always wanted a yellow one! How absolutely neat!

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

I am not sure,but I think I remember it as a J. Tree Peony. It is an Heirloom to me,my FIL is a very kind man,and I feel honored he wanted me to have this one.
Root.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Root does that yellar peonie smell as good as it looks?

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Very lite scent,this is the first night I have seen it open,I kinda like it,my first one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.