what did i do wrong??

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i was given a blue dawn morning glory clipping that i rooted in a pot. it was thriving so i put it in the ground where in the late day gets full sun. it died.!! so sad because i have always wanted this morning glory and had it doing good in a pot but as soon as i put it in the ground it died.

what did i do wrong?? i planted the roots and dirt and all. i tried my best not to disturb the roots or dirt around it.

any ideas what happened??

now on the hunt for another one. thanks for any ideas of what i did wrong.

Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

Perhaps it got too dry?

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

no had plenty of water as i planted it and then it rained all night long so i thought well thats good for it. then today it was only like in the high 70s low 80s. so i dont think heat did it either.

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

I'm having trouble with a mg vine right now too-- the leaves get burned really easy-- maybe thats it?

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Did you break up the root ball when you planted it in the ground? MGs don't like to have their roots disturbed.

Or mabe the gound was just too cold...

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

no t the root ball. i made sure of that. i very gently put it in the hole. we have had wonderful weather so i thought to plant it. ground nice and warm as we have had 80s and 90s then it rained a few days after i planted it but it was still like 76 out side. then yesterday it was 84 today its in the 76 right now. so i dont know what happened to it.

:(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.