New computer...finally!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Well, I finally decided that the old dinosaur needed to be retired. AMD 450 is about all I know about it, but y'all get the picture.

My new 6.3 megapixel camera was taking _forever_ to download files, and it was time.

So here's the 'specs' on my new Corvette. It ain't a Ferrari, but it's way ahead of what I had.

AMD XP 2000+ @1666mhz
512 meg PC 3200 memory
40 gig western digital hard drive 8 meg buffer(ATA 133)
64 meg NVida APG video card
MSI K7N2 Delta motherboard
US Robitics 56 K hardware base modem
Antec SLK 260 AMB case.

Now I don't know what much of that means, I copied it from the list James (my computer guy) made. but figured y'all would find it interesting.

I do know that things are flying! And I gotta learn where things are on XP.

Incidently, James is wiping out the hard drive on the old computer and going through it, and Mom is going to get it.

First thing she wants is a subscription to DG! She's met so many of y'all and hears me talk about stuff, so she either feels like she knows you...or actually does!

This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!