Jack in the pulpit's galore

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

I have jack in the pulpits poppin up everwhere this year in my garden, they are sooo pretty, will snap some pictures tomorrow of them and share.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I got a bunch of these coming in a trade next week, their blooming now, hope they survive the trip, aren't they just beautiful, to be wild.

kathy

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I really need to take a walk in the woods to see what's growing out there, I might just have some myself, If I were so lucky.

kathy

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Yes Kathy, I love woods walking, I see so many lovely wildflowers this time of year, just could sit for hours looking at them all!!!
dark here now, but tomorrow will snap some pics of them, also may try to get some pics from the woods where I mushroom hunt, they were growing there as well as the bluebells

ps - even if your Jack's don't survive the trip looking well, plant anyway. The corms or whatever you'd call the little bulb like thing on them, as long as you plant right away and water they should survive.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

oh that's good to know, we'll do

kathy

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I got my jacks in themaill, They are so neat looking, and healthy as well. I hope I have them coming up everywhere next year.

kathy

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Wonderful news Kathy, I am sure next year you will be so pleased with them!!
Laurrie
ps - here is a shot of mine from today

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

yep just what mine look like, isn't that neat, something so pretty growing wild in the woods.

kathy

Guilford, CT(Zone 7a)

I found a couple growing under some bushes in my yard... There used to be tons of them in the woods, before they built all the houses. I dug them up, added peat moss, & pine needles before Winter for acidity. They sprung up, and there are a few more! This spot never completely dries out. I counted 6.

Thumbnail by JRush
Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

If any one has any extra, my DH would love these.
Thanks,
Sandy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.