Wed. April 21, 2004

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Hello farmers. Guess what! It's snowing. Not what I wanted to see today. The weather forecast said showers but not what kind. I've got laundry on the line getting rinsed again, a pickup load of mulch that needs to be wheelbarrowed to the flower beds, weeds that need pulling, horses that need to be ridden, etc, etc, and I'm inside doing housework!! Well, that also needs to be done.

Yesterday I rode Patch for almost an hour, he did quite well and we were back home before the rain came again. We rode through the neighbor's pastures and hayfields, looked at the cows and the wheelines, took the county road on the way home so he would see all the scarry stuff while heading home, a phychological plus. Scarry stuff while heading away from home is harder to handle and an excuse to try to turn around. I hope to ride him again today but will skip it if it is raining. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice.

One day last week we had a pair of Trumpeter Swans resting on our pond. We see them occasionally but they just stop here on their way to somewhere else. I think they nest in Alaska and Canada. It's always a treat to see them. They are about double the size of the Canada Geese that nest down there. Our pond is about 1/8 mile from our house so we look through binocculars to identify the birds that visit.

Back to light rain now, putting on my boots and jacket to get my gardening fix for the day. The snow didn't stick. This is great weather for transplanting a few clumps of perennials that need to be moved.

Have a nice day, I hope yours is warmer than mine. Count your blessings.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!