mexican flame is already blooming......

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

......and threathening to take over.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Hmmm mine is to but doesn't look like yours. Will get pic tomorrow.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Mine is just sitting there, think it wants some food and water???

Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9b)

Ok I'm hooked how do I get one? You guys are in Florida anybody got this in California?

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Monterey it roots really easy. Let mine grow a little more and I take a few pinches and root them for you. Remind me in a couple of weeks.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I don't know monterey but I think we need to find it. I will check next time I go to my REAL nursery. (I suppose I could save myself money and cal but that is no fun!)

Oakland, CA(Zone 9b)

If this is senecio confusus, I have one growing in my backyard to cover an ugly black iron railing. It really didn't like the cold winter rains, but now that it has warmed up again the vine is threatening to leap out of control. It seems to bloom year-round here in Northern CA which is very nice. Sorry the photo is so contrasty, the sun kept coming in and out of the clouds.

That's an abutilon 'Savitzii' in front. I like the contrast of the white variegated leaves against the dark green leaves of the Senecio.

Thumbnail by jkom51

Where did you get your vine ? I am right in the area and would love to get one!

Donna I saw in a old forum something about Blue Skye Flower Thunbergia, that was you?

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

No it was not me but I have one that has just started coming back. It's about 12" tall. I have never tried to root it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.