Pink Lily of the Valley

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I just love this!

Thumbnail by darius
Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Me, too! Did you just buy that in bloom or did it come up and bloom? My pink ones don't show any signs of blooming, although my white ones are. What's your secret?

pins... First, I did not buy it. It was a trade here at DG a couple years ago, just a small sprig. It almost died off in my old yard but I managed to find a piece of it that I put in a pot above ground, and under mulch for winter.

I moved all the pots to my new (and temporary) here in February. The shade plants are up against a tall block wall retaining and sitting on a concrete driveway pad which I think helps break the winds off the lake, and gives them some shade. All my white ones in pots are blooming too, but some new ones I bought this spring and planted in the ground are just now about 4" tall.

I think the ones in pots have soil that warmed quicker than those in the ground.

Oh, and I fed them some alfalfa tea about 2 weeks ago.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

You must be thrilled it made it! I'd like to get some of those somtime. I need to figure out tradelists and such!

It will be quite a while before these get large enough to divide. I sure wish they spread here like LOV do for most people!

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

:o>

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.