I have buds!

Princeton, IL(Zone 5a)

I have some unknown iris in my front yard. Three of them have buds. I can see the actual color on one, purple. In my back yard full of named iris I have three with buds, but they are not as far along. Two Rubies, Stitch Witch, and I can't remember the third name. I am so excited!

Tomorrow, I have the morning off. Can't wait to go out and play in the garden!

LimeyLisa Kay

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

We have buds too on some of the standard bearded ones. And I discovered to my total dismay this afternoon that 2 of our minature? ones are nearly thru blooming and I didn't even get to see them! I have been gone so much this past week that I hardly saw any of the lovelies GOD has blessed us with.

Princeton, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh, what a disappointment!

LimeyLisa Kay

Princeton, IL(Zone 5a)

I didn't have a chance to get back here yesterday to tell you all that the ones in the front yard bloomed! They are unknown purply-blue and white. They are some kind of dwarf bearded. These were part of a huge bunch crowded together last year when I moved into the house. They didn't even bloom, just some TB yellows and purples did. So I separated them out, gave tons away and planted some in my yard. Sure am glad I kept some of these early little guys!

The ones in the back yard are not that far along yet. The temperatures have dropped back down to normal levels for the rest of the week, but since Thursday, we have had 70's and 80's. Close to 90 one day. These poor little guys are getting a rude awakening this morning!

Can't wait to see the rest, but this has satisfied me for a little while!

;~D

LimeyLisa Kay

Cortlandt Manor, NY(Zone 6a)

leaflady -- sorry to hear about your early ones. I have the miniture "reticulata" type and they were blooming along with my early daffs. I was quite surprised myself.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.