Hows your grapes coming along?

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Cold nipped them a little but there bouncing right back.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

You are a bit ahead of us. Mine are just budding nicely right now. We are supposed to be in the sixties for most of the week, so they will slow down a bit until it heats up again.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well the warm weather will be there shortly,you have had some good rains,the past couple days haven't you?

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

No, just a sprinkle today. Nothing at all hitting us. We are bone dry. My veggie garden seeds won't even germinate since the soil is so dry and I refuse to start watering the veggie seeds.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well in that case a rain dance will have to do!LOL!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Are you dancing? We need some serious help here. LOL!

Canadaigua, NY(Zone 6b)

Were budding here but it's spotty right now. Soon the whole valley will be filled with the sweet smell of grapes! We even have a Grape festival!!!!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I'm always dancing and whistling while I work!!!
Hpluver,how do you get the purple grape stuff off your feet after stomping on grapes all day!

Canadaigua, NY(Zone 6b)

Vineger and bleach followed by A LOT of water and moisturizer! Mere

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

That combo smell,could find you anywhere!!!LOL!

Canadaigua, NY(Zone 6b)

Yeah but most everyone here stomps grapes and makes their own wine, so no one is really too embarassed to be seen with purple feet! Or fingernails even!LOL It does smell wonderful though!Obviously not the chemicals though. Mere

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well Mere,if I get enough grapes here the wife can stomp on them just like she does me!!LOL!
Just kiddin!!! She'd make me do it!!!

Canadaigua, NY(Zone 6b)

Let me get dinner in the oven and I'll walk down the road an get a pic for ya! Mere

Canadaigua, NY(Zone 6b)

This is just one of the many beaut-ifull views from about 500 feet down the road from my house in the Bristol Valley. That's Canandaigua lake! And of course the grapes. Mere

Thumbnail by hpluver
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Mine are perking right up.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Oh Mere that looks like grape heaven!!!
Rylaff,there looking like there coming along great!

Canadaigua, NY(Zone 6b)

Yeah no leaves yet though. I wish it looked more like Rylaff's pic. In time. Everone's been tying vine like crazy, so any day now.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well mine is a red flame seedless,only hardy to zone 8 ,but I covered with burlap and straw,and it came back in my zone 6,hope to have grapes this year,4 yr old vine so maybe.

Canadaigua, NY(Zone 6b)

Yeah, 4-5 years'll do it! You might want to keep this years grape harvest on the table. First year grapes make a mighty bitter wine! Mere :)

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Mere,need your help,are these flowers or grapes?
Tells you how much I know about grapes.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Little clearer here.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Canadaigua, NY(Zone 6b)

Granted I'm no expert either. Just live around it. I guess you could say by osmosis I've learned some things. That looks like what they call young fruit, or flowers if that helps. The grapes will come from around there and spit off around it. Basically like any fruit plant. The more flowers the more fruit! Hope that helps a little. Mere
PS young-fruit isn't actually "fruit" K?

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks time will tell!
If the birds don't bother them!!!

Canadaigua, NY(Zone 6b)

Yeah, birds are bad so are racoons.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Haven't seen any racoons in town,but plenty of possums!!!

Canadaigua, NY(Zone 6b)

Yeah we have a problem with skunks and raccoons up here. Red squirrels too! I caught five of them in the basemant this year alone

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Hmmm underground squirrels,here there the prairie dogs!LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.