Argyle Acres Iris Farm

Flower Mound, TX(Zone 7b)

I wanted to share a great place here in Texas that sells all kinds of wonderful Iris's, and ships everywhere. Their website is: www.argyleacres.com and they have thousands available, and they are a state licensed and inspected nursery. They guarantee all their plants to be true to name as registered with the American Iris Society. The order deadline is July 31st for shipping in September. They have historic and modern varieties, one named Swertii is 400 years old. Some have unique fragrances, such as:
September Sailor - root beer
Grape Situation - grape kool-aid
Chanel Fragrance - chanel perfume
Witches Brew - liqorice
Lemon Pledge - lemon

All are gorgeous and healthy!!!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Good find! You may want to share your opinion of them here: http://gardenwatchdog.com/c/766/ - companies really appreciate feedback from customers, (especially when it's good news) and point would-be customers to unsolicited testimonials ;o)

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I like to drool over their Historic Iris collection. I planted over 40 historics from DG ers last summer & am eagerly awaiting next month's blooms. I'd like to fill in more & Argle Acres looks like a great source. Thanks for the "heads up"!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

thanks for a great website.
debi z

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I had seen Argyle too, and I think their prices are reasonable.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

THERE GOOD PEOPLE, HE WAS PRESDENT OF H.I.P/S HISTORIC IRIS PRESERVATION SOCIETY LAST YR. THINK HE STILL IS IF YOU LIKE OLDIES JOIN H.IP.S 5.OO DOLLARS A YR. MEMBERSHIP IMFO. AT JFORTE21@AOL.COM I LOVE IT. ALLTHE IMFO YOU NEED AND HAS A LOT A LOT OF PIC.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I want to join! I just ordered a book with photos of historicals to add to my knowledge of the old ones. A girl just can't have too many... :)

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.