These aren't rockets, They're SPACESHIPS!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

The so called rocket larkspurs are headed for the stars. These beasts will bloom all summer. (Shhhhhhh poppysue. They do not know that the aren't supposed to like my zone.) The tall ones are currently 6 1/2 feet. We are hoping for 8 this year. They are all volunteers.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

My favorite blurple one. I have yet to get a really go picture of this with a digital camera.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I think the bees may have had something to do with the color of this one. Pretty though.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Some lavender and white ones. They have intermingled themselves into a giant bouquet.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Another interesting color. I had to shoot this with the camera held over my head. (I am 5'8") as it is almost 7'.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Really purdy!! 6 1/2 feet is huge! They never get any taller than 4 feet here. I love the mix of colors too.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

You would be very welcome to seeds. It would be interesting to see if they would get tall in other places. We transplanted some at my Dad's in Napa (9a) and they got quite tall.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

can you save me some seeds from that pink one? wow or a lil of all of them
:)
TY

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Sure thing. I am horrible about getting seeds out so i will start making a list. Do you want the matching bachelor buttons too lol? They are only 3' to 4' high.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i have bachelor buttons and poppies coming out my ears!
ty ty for the larkspur!

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Frogs, how do you keep them blooming all summer, unless you keep them deadheaded? The really great thing about larkspur too is how well they dry and maintain nice color after drying.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Nada. I take the seeds I want and leave the rest for the birds. These crazy things send out shoot after shoot from the trunk. When one leg is finished, they send out another right beside it. The blue and purple one will look dead and still send out bloom shoots. These plants are soooo big and do so well left to their own devices that I just leave them alone and marvel.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Frogs, those are wonderful! And blooming all summer to boot! Will you please save some seeds for me? (Pretty please????)

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Making a list now pins.

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

Can I get on your seed list? I'll find something to trade ...

Cheri'

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

PLEASE, PLEASE, may I have some seeds? Those are so beautiful. What would you like in trade? I have lots of Grandpa Otts morning glories, castor beans(red), a pretty bright pink morning glory, some datura that is white with a lavender throat that is divinely fragrant in the evening, and some Clove Shrub starts that bear very fragrant yellow bloom a few years after planting. I've never know of one that bloomed the first year or two tho.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I will mark the stems for color this am and make sure to collect lots of this for everybody.

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

I would love some of the pink and other colors. Love larkspur. My blooms are not that big and fat. They could be a different variety. Thanks, when it comes time I will have seeds to trade if you like.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks so much, Frogs. This is exciting. I'll be saving seeds all summer so I should have some good traders.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Gosh, I hope I'm not to late to ask to be included. I really would like to get a start from your seeds. If you don't have enough, would you happen to remember where you got your seed to begin with? They are just gorgeous.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

These are third generation seeds that were originally Ferry Morse seeds I think. I let mine reseed so I will not have seed until these make some. All I have left from last years seed are the poppies.

Brugie, I will be very interested to see how these do in your zone. I would be happy to send you these as thanks for my babies you sent me last year.

Look at the pink/purple one now!

Thumbnail by frogsrus
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks so much. That pink one is a real beauty.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Wow, Frogs, that's amasing!! And you get to see these everyday?!? ;-)

...a gardner's life for me...

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous! Bad case of Zonal envy here. Not enough moisture to support them. Glad you share.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Blooms, I bet these might grow for you. They get by with 4" of rainfall this year. They certainly are not water spoiled. How about a big no hole pot with charcoal in the bottom to keep the standing water pure.

The stand of dark blue ones is quite spectacular now. I will take some pic this evening after the sun goes down. It is hafe to get a pic of really tall flowers without losing the detail. Need a better digital camera!!

those are absolutely stunning!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.