Saturday, April 17, 2004

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I got the biopsy report yesterday. It's a precancerous leukoplakia which can take a long time to get rid of. First we have to find the true cause of the problem. I have an appointment with my new MD on Tuesday morning so see what we can do about this. It seems Vit. A(beta-carotene) is the best treatment and that can take 6 months.

The new Clapp's Favorite dwarf pear tree and bosyenberries can yesterday. Jack soaked them in water for me until I could get them mudded in buckets this morning. The Fuji apple, patio blueberry and Carolina Sweet Shrub are on back order until the end of the month.

We did about 106 at the cafe' last night so it was a busy night. But it all went very smoothly dispite being short one of our best waitresses. This morning is when I am feeling how busy yesterday was. I had to go to about 5 miles south of Sedalia which is 14 miles south of us, to get milk for us and Holly and Kyle and the reserved Show Me tomato plants and our Icaban and Pimento pepper plants then clear over to Marshall which is 18-20 miles north of us for a tetnus shot for the wound on my right big toe. I had been pitching the mulch onto the perennial beds at the cafe' and missed the mulch and got my toe and sandal instead. It's just a skin wound which I soaked in Epson Salts for a while not long after it happened. Then straight to work. I need to get going to work pretty quickly. It will be another long day.

The tulips and daffs are in full bloom now. Some of the tulips are so short that the blooms aren't even up our of the foliage. The red ones are the cafe' are slow to bloom too. The white ones are in full bloom now. The peonies are growing nicely too as are the iris and daylilies. I love to see spring flowers. In fact I love to flowers at all times. I notice the lilacs are coming into bloom too. The yard smells so nice all the time.

I need to get going as this going to be a busy day. GOD bless and keep each and all of you.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!