Datura and Datura?

Toston, MT(Zone 4a)

OK I'm confused here.
I thought that Datura was a smaller annual with yellow/orange daisy like flowers. But in trading, I had a some wonderful people send me the Brug. datura. Not knowing it was the Brug kind (or even that there was such a thing), I planted them all around my yard. Now, I have Brug Datura sprouting all over! It's quite funny actually. But I have a toddler and don't want poisonous plants, so up they'll come and potted and given away. But am I reading this all right? There is two Datura's spelled the exact same way?
Heidi

Toston, MT(Zone 4a)

Oh Yea! I'm on top of things!!! Please pretend you didn't read this post! I was confusing Calendula with datura. And the worst part... I've been confused for about 6 months!! This is beyond being a blonde. My momma said I'd have days like this (she just didn't mention they'd last so long!) :o)
Sorry all!
Heidi

Lyles, TN

Heidi~ Hey, don't feel bad, the first time I heard of Datura I thought it was a car!

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

LOL! too cute! Last year, I planted canna seeds & brug seeds in the same flat. Well - dum bell me got the markers mixed up! I took pics of my canna seedlings, all proud of my first "brug seedlings", as I thought, and made a post in the Brug forum with a picture. As it was my first year to grow either, EVER, I had no idea what to expect from the seedlings. A kind person told me very nicely that it wasn't a brugmansia seedling, but a canna. I looked at my flat, bewildered, and then realized what I had done. A couple of weeks after that, my brugs finally emerged, and I got a thumbs up verification that they were, indeed, brug seedlings that time.

I remember so many silly questions and assumptions I made last year, my first year working with tropicals. I get kinda red and embarrased just thinking about it (giggle).

Karrie

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Heidi, remember Blonde is a lifestyle NOT merely a haircolor. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.