Stepping stones

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

These are just something I am playing with. These are poured using Jello molds, I bought the majority of these at yard sales. The tiles are plates I broke up that I also bought at yard sales. The most expensive items for this project is the cement and the colorant I use in it.

Be sure if you do this that you put wire or something in the cement to strengthen it. As you can see one of my fishes has a broken tail.....the head is seperate from the rest of the body so I pour that thicker and add several wire strands. I am useing wire cloths hangers for the wire, the heavier the better..
Watcha think......the bunny still has to be painted but I though you would like to see the different things you can use. I have a couple of the aluminum baking pans from Wilton that I may use later this year, Hearts, Moons and Stars. I not sure how easy the cement will release in the Aluminum but I will try a couple anyway, I may have to use a mold release....If you have any suggustions let me know....
I am just getting my feet wet with this and don't know to much about working with cement.....
:o) Dee

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!