Have Cone Flower

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

No more new trades until I get the first ones completed. The cutoff is at Deann.

I have a ton of cone flower (echinacea) that I've already pulled out, and more still coming up. In this bed there is Purple and White, no way for me to tell what is what. I thought I'd see if anyone wanted it before more goes on the compost pile. I'll trade or do postage.

This message was edited Apr 18, 2004 8:45 PM

Morristown, NJ(Zone 6a)

You have mail...

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

I've been trying to grow coneflower for seed since january and I only have a few survivors. I've just not been very attentive to them I guess. I would love to have some starts from you for postage, unless you see anything on my seed trade list you like. Let me know what you want me to do. Thank you so much!

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Would love some too Melissa if possible Thanks

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Art... I found the trick (for me, anyway) to echinacea seeds is to put them in a baggie of damp sand in the hydrator section of the refrigerator for 40 days. Then plant as instructed. When I do them that way, I get almost 100% germination.

Sorry, Melissa... didn't mean to hijack your thread!

This message was edited Apr 13, 2004 5:52 PM

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Id luv some too plez!

Irving (Dallas area), TX(Zone 8a)

You have more mail.

Cortlandt Manor, NY(Zone 6a)

Melissa - -would love some.

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

I would love some too!

Thank you for that information darius, I did have them in a baggy with moist soil for about a month. I got about 75 percent germination- but then I had a problem with damping off and going out of town etc. But maybe they just needed more time in the fridge.

Navarre (NW FL), FL(Zone 8b)

Am I too late to take part in this? Thanks.

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Melissa, I mailed postage today, Sent email with my address...let me know if you don't get it.
Thx, Carol

Temple, GA(Zone 7b)

I would love to have sime Cone Flower. We have just moved into a new house and my Echinacea had not came up at all when we moved so I lost it. I would love to have some. I could do postage or trade for a cherry tree, that is just like a Marischino Cherry w/o the artificial sweetener and additives in the jar. These cherry's are nothing like the big dark red one's. To me, they are the best in the world. I guess b'cause I've been eating them ssince I was a child. The 2 original tree's that have been there since I was tiny, have put off new seedlings. They are about 3-4 ft tall. Lmk if u are interested.

Thanks,
Traci S

Bug Freak, You're fine, emaill me.

Carol, I didn't get an email from you. Please send it again.

Traci, you have mail.

If I've ignored anyone, just email me.
Dori, I'm just going to tuck yours in with your co op stuff (if there is ROOM) unless you want the coneflower now.

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Melissa, You have mail...Carol

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

thats fine melissa-i cant wait for the co-op stuff :)
THANKZ BIG BUNCHES!

(Zone 4b)

Hi,
I tried to send you a mail the other day.. did you get? I have wysteria vine for you regardless if theres anymore coneflower.. but Id always say YES if there was. Let me know, thanks Greta

Greta, No, I didn't get your email, I just sent you an email just in case. :-)
I will put your name on some coneflower, just send me your address. :-)

(Zone 4b)

Hi,
haha just wrote you, it gets confusing sending emails and threads simoultaneously. Sounds good for the coneflower trade. Ill email you my address. Greta

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Melissa

I would love some Cone Flower, If you have any left, tell me what the postage is, and I will send you the money. I am a friend of Dori's and live just north of her in Northern Michigan. Thanks...

Deann

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Hi Melissa, Got my coneflowers yesterday afternoon...there soaking and perking up just fine.(long hot ride for them) I sent you email but not sure you got it. Thx for the package.

Carol

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

I heard that you should plant the seeds directly outdoors in late summer (if up North) or fall (if down south). I did that, and I have two newbies.

Art and Garden, Traci and Greta will go out on monday. I should have a couple more to trade. No more SASE.... sorry, but I need some different Perennials to fill out my beds.

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Melissa......are you still going to send those Purple Cone Flowers?? Last post to you was April 18th....

Deann

Deann if you sent me postage, they went out last week or the week before.

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Melissa.......yes, sent the postage out, infact, sent a 5 dollor bill.......

Deann

I'm putting more in the mail today. Only thing I can figure is I messed your name and someone elses up in my address book if you didn't get them. :- somebody got Coneflowers and didn't tell me! LOL

Melissa, do you know which address you sent mine to? lol, I know I gave you 3, but I have gotten them yet.

Waterville, KS

Hi all: I have coneflower (Echinacea) in my garden that will come out later. Can someone tell me how to save their seeds? I have no idea and will gladly share them when I have them. Thanks a bunch.

(Zone 4b)

I got my echinacea BUSH today!!! HUGE!!! Thanks and lol
Greta

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Melissa..........The Cone Flower's came yesterday. I have them in the ground in their new home. Pictures to follow as this little babies grows in their new adopted home. They are gonna love the country....

Deann

Deann,
I'm glad this package arrived safe and sound. They lived in the country here, so I'm sure they'll love the Michigan country as much as Ohio! LOL
Greta, an advantage to waiting a little longer for your coneflower, it was probably double the size it was a month ago. :-)

Melissa, I got mine today-- thanks so much!!

(Zone 4b)

Yes! I built it a little shelter so it wont get too much sun til it adjusts. Its a cute little hut, makes me think of gnomes. The apples are in and sipping a vitamin B cocktail . Lol Greta
Still need an idea of what youd like for them apples!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.