Raised-bed Box from Gardener's Supply

Mount Hermon, LA(Zone 8b)

This may not be "dirt cheap" but since I have NO skill (or strength) to build a box for myself, I was pleased to find these little raised-bed boxes.

They are three feet by three feet -- small enough for me to reach comfortably to the middle -- and are made of a sturdy, plastic-like material. Assembly took only about 30 seconds, since it is only a matter of dropping the included spikes into the adjoining corner slots. They cost $34 each.

The space on which they are sitting was weed-whacked to the ground. I then put the boxes in place and lined the bottom with about six layers of newspaper. Then I dumped in the soil and planted the seedlings (and some seeds also).

If anyone knows of a cheaper source for these boxes, I would appreciate hearing about it, as I would like to get a few more.

Jean

Thumbnail by LouisianaSweetPea
This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!