Look what I bought!

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

I've been wanting a tree peony for several years now, and this forum just made it worse! I finally broke down and bought one. I paid way too much for it, but ya'll know how that is!

I'm sure I won't get to see it bloom this year cause it is small, but eventually this is what it will have for a flower.

'Kinkaku' paeonia suffruticosa

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Washington, PA(Zone 6b)

Nice! An orange one! That's gonna be really pretty....

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

It'll be a beaut!!!

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I can't wait to see it bloom!

I'm so excited to have my first tree peony and an electric yellow with orange edges is just the cat's meow to me!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Sue, it looks like it will be a beauty. Where did you get it? I'm getting tired of just one pink one. Need some variety.

Holub's on SE14 in DsM They had a fair selection at the time.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks. I hope you didn't pay $50 for it. That would be pretty golden. LOL!

No but I did cough up $20 for it. Quite a bit for an unemployed and broke gardener!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I would pay that, but the site I looked at that someone provided a link for showed it at $50. That is a bit too steep for me. You will love it. My one and only tree peony has 33 buds on it this year.

Oh my, I think I'll go out an sweet talk this one! Maybe it will bloom at least one flower for me next year then.LOL

Montezuma, NM(Zone 5b)

Lily that is soooooooooooo beautiful. Hope your sweet talk works. Never seen a peony that color. Didn't know there was anything other than pinks whites reds and combos of those.
Kool

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

lilyfan, I have never seen a peony that color. Should be gorgeous. Tree peonys are very expensive. Many cost more than $100.00, and still the blooms drop their petals way too soon. Donna

I've always wanted a yellow peony, but the prices! When I saw this one I just couldn't resist. I had never seen this bold bright color before either. Should be a traffic stopper in a couple of years if the rabbits don't get it. It is inside a chicken wire cage right now!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.