My "new" shredder...

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

This past week someone GAVE me a "nearly-antique" shredder. This kind hooks right up to my "definitely-antique" Gravely tractor.

Altho a bit ugly looking (I'll clean it up and paint it now that I have it running) it was barely ever used. The tines show no wear at all and the throw-out clutch (where it hooks up to the Gravely) still had the original paint on it!

Do not be deceived. In the pics are two loads of shredded wood (delivered by the local tree trimmers), NOT chipped by this machine. This gizmo is strictly a shredder (not a chipper) and I'll use it for mulching leaves, reducing the wood chips to good compost, mixing soils (peat moss, compost, leaves, etc). What a nice machine to use, especially with the only noise being the low chug chug of the Gravely tractor powering it!

Thumbnail by Horseshoe
This thread has 41 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!