I give up!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

The tomatoes can have this pot. The brachys and campanulas will be moved!. I had a husky cherry in this last year and have been pulling tomatoes ever since. I thought I had removed enough of the soil to have gotten rid of all the seeds but, as you see.... I guess it is time to put a stake in and admit defeat.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Heh,heh,heh...

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

frogsrus -- This is one of the reasons why I love to grow tomatoes. THEY WON'T QUIT!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Tomato seeds are such determined little darlings. It is nearly impossible to get rid of all of them in a pot. And wherever you throw that soil they will sprout.

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

I found something odd from mine that I planted from seed this last year, in cells.

I only planted 3 seeds per cell, and let the best one win, right? Well, I have pulled countless seedlings out of each cell, and have YET to figure out how one seed could make 16 plants! It makes absolutely no sense to me! I know I'm not crazy - it just keeps happening!

Shoe, you gave me these "magic" seeds! Do you have answer to this phenomenon?

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Karrie I traded seeds with Shoe as well. I planted M lifter and Abe L four seeds each and only got seven seedlings. Hmmm I wonder if shoe gives refunds it's just not right that I get less than one plant per seed and you get gazillions lol.

Shoe did you pick out the more prolific seeds and send them to special people.

Only thing I can figure out is Badseed may have blessed your seed. Ernie

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

He gave me Rutgers and Lincolns. It was the Rutgers that I noticed did it the most. Weirdest most bizarre thing I have ever seen! lol!

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Frogus is the husky cherry good. I grew the red and the gold full sized Husky and was impressed by the vigor and the foialage but not the gold tomato and the red seemed to have lots of almost ripe toms that spoiled at the end of the season. The rest of the toms finished ok. Ernie

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

They are good. It was a big plant too. I prefer the tommy toes but this one is a sturdy thing. I started last years in Feb and it was still blooming and bearing when I yanked it in the following January. We were never without cherry tomatoes. My kids freeze them for snacks.

I am trying what is supposed to be a dwarf husky this year. DD laughed and asked if that meant it would be 5 feet instead of 7 or 8.
Janice

Ashton, IL(Zone 5a)

I planted celery in little cells and it germinated and was about 1/4 inch tall so I quit checking on it every day. Probably a week goes by and I'm watering and darned if there's not a couple tomato seedlings in about 1/2 the cells!
Could the seeds be in the potting soil (sealed bag of MiracleGro)?

Eileen

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Wth tomatoes, nothing would surprise me. I do not put them in the compost for that reason. I did it once and had tomatoes everywhere!

Ashton, IL(Zone 5a)

Yeah, the best tomatoes I had last summer were some yellow round ones - about 1.5 times the size of a golf ball - that reseeded themselves in the garden. Don't know if they were heirloom or hybrid, but they were just as good as the first year ones. AND they had chosen the very shady corner of the garden WITH the neighbors very thorny rosebush trying to strangle them and the pole beans growing thru them. And they were STILL good. This year I'm growing them from saved seed - hope they do as well!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.