Nursery Trays...

Flanders, NJ(Zone 6a)

Hello all once again, would or can anyone give me some info on where to purchase those black trays at most local nurseries. They are usually in 4 to 6 packs about 2'' length, width, and depth. And they usually fit 4 to 6 packs per flat depending on size or variety. Thanx, Danny

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Just to forewarn you, there are at least two "comon" sizes of flats - one will hold six "jumbo" cell packs, the other will hold 12 of the smaller cell packs. Some are solid bottom, with punch-out holes if you want drainage, others are mesh bottom to allow easy watering of larger plants. (Then there are the molded flats that nestle individual liner, 3", and 4" pots, both round and square....the list goes on and on.)

Assuming you know which size/style you're looking for, here's a thread with links to some suppliers: http://davesgarden.com/t/421791/

I guess I have to consider myself fortunate. Our local garden center carries everything for seed starting. And it's across the street from my work. I wonder where I'll be at lunch hour when it gets warmer?

Flanders, NJ(Zone 6a)

Thanx Terry, and Elsie, I'd either be taking long lunches from June to September, or I would receive a pink slip with-in the same time frame, that's just toooo tempting. I have to see how I can get one near me, never-mind across the street, that's a beautiful thing. Danny

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.