$1.00 Bonanza!

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

I'm so excited about my lucky find I have to 'talk' about it. I went with my DH to Spearfish, SD to load landscape stuff (river rock, lava, white rock) and I'm drooling over the pallets full of mulch, compost, topsoil, peat moss, potting mix, etc. Asked DH, do you think they sell retail? Can't hurt to ask.... so I went to the office and asked. The lady says, sure we do. Ask the guy who loads your trailer where the broken piles are and you can pick what you want. How much, I ask. $1.00 a bag!!!! So, after raiding DH's wallet (cash only), I ended up with 12 bags of small nugget bark mulch, 5 bags of compost & cow manure and 3 bags of planter potting mix. No peat moss, they tape up those bags - too expensive to sell for a dollar. None of the bags I got are broken, just the pallets were. Lucky me!!!!! :)

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!