Few Questions.

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

I planted some rose of sharon about a week ago- they havent sprouted yet. The package said to keep the seeds/seedlings damp- I am doing this- how long until they sprout- then how long until I get blooms? :D

How long until a passion vine seed sprouts then blooms?

What about a pink moonflower?

What is a pink fuzzy bean vine? I got one at the swap and have no clue what the blooms look like. I looked in the database but couldnt find a picture- anyone have
a picture?

Mum had some clematis seeds- (if I'd known I would have brought some to the swap!) How long after they sprout until I get a bloom/s?

Do all these like rich ground?

Y'all are gonna hate me before long- LOL! I have a load of questions!

When next years swap rolls around- should I bring seeds, or should I bring seedlings?
Can my mother come? She isnt a member here- but most of the seeds/plants I'm bringing will be because of her and my grandmother/great aunt.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Yeah!!!

Dori my boss gave me some PURPLE Angel Trumpet seeds. I didnt know they HAD purple!
These seeds look funny though-
They're encased in this spiky tan coloured ball-
Maybe she got the name wrong? I dunno- someone please tell me! LOL.
If they are in fact purple trumpets- I "GUESS" I could spare a couple for SASE- hehehe. *I have quite a few seeds* ;-)

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

tsavo, I can help you out with the pink fuzzybean....check here:
http://davesgarden.com/t/399283/pink+fuzzybean
http://plantsdatabase.com/go/59466/

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks ML! ((hugs))

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

What was your question about the pink moonflower????

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

How long til it germinates and then blooms. :D

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh yeah- and does it like lots of composte- and shade.

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

It is just like our white moonflower except it is the pink japanese version. The seed should germinate fairly rapidly (few hours to day or two) - just like a morning glory does....and you should get blooms in about a month or so. It will tolorate poor soil and needs the night to bloom - I am not sure if it will bloom at night if planted in the shade.

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thank you ML!
Imma plant those beauties in my "Jesus Garden". LOL!
And one under my window!!!

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

The 'purple angel trumpet' is a datura. It's related but is a shrub not a tree and the flowers open facing upwards.

p.s. I see no reason why your mom couldn't come to a roundup/swap. Dave's grows a lot this way! :)

Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

Ecobioangie is correct that you have purple datura seeds. They take about a month to germinate but will flower right away.

Passilforas can take up to a year to germinate and two growing seasons to flower, but some will flower the first year. It just depends upon which Passiflora you are sowing. I've had Passifloras emerge in 60-90 days.

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

Other folks have brought moms or friends to the swap, so you can certainly bring yours.

Can't answer your other questions, the only one I knew was the datura.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.