spring wild plants

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

My spring-flowering wild plants start to bloom:)
Epimedium

This message was edited Apr 5, 2004 10:48 AM

Thumbnail by goldenfish
Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Oh how beautiful! That is one of my newest favorite plants. I have about 4 varieties and would like many more. They are so hard to find, though.

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Cymbidium goeringii. This orchid somehow have a mystic air.

This message was edited Apr 5, 2004 10:59 AM

Thumbnail by goldenfish
Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Hello pins2006,
Thank you for viewing my post. You have about 4 varieties? Great! I have only 2. Another one is white flower but it hasn't bloomed yet. When yours bloom, please mail the pictures.
Thanks.

goldenfish

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

goldenfish, your plants are beautiful. Please keep posting pictures!

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Thank you Ursula:)

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

I have one tiny epimedium, if the moles didn't totally disrupt it. It has a pale pink flower, I think. It was a trade from the Northwest of the US where it is native.

I am so looking foward to the wild flowers beginning.

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Hi Kathleen,
Your epimedium sound like beautiful. I hope that have no damage
to yours! I like Japanese wild flowers and I'm interested in them of overseas. I'm looking forward to finding wonderful flowers in this forum:)

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

It will be awhile before mine blossom. We are still in the transition period between spring and winter, and it's not always easy to tell which is winning. I will post pictures as they bloom.

Washington, DC(Zone 7a)

I have four varieties: pale pink, almost burgundy; white and yellow. The pink one does the best. I have no "species name" identifiers on any of them. I just looked at them yesterday and thought I need to find out at what time one should cut the old leaves so that the blooms have freedom the show off in the spring. I never get the right time, because I think the dried leaves do also look absolutely beautiful, in snow or above their surroundings of dropped tree leaves.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

now whats the proper name? and where do i find one?? that pink is so pretty. beauty

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I don't have pictures of mine yet. I also have a pink blooming (also does the best), a white blooming, a yellow blooming, one with burgandy/green leaves that hasn't bloomed yet, and another green leaved one that hasn't bloomed yet. I just love epimediums.

I think Goldenfish's Happy Medium might be E. leptorrhizum http://plantsdatabase.com/go/2127/index.html sorry my photos aren't very good, my plant only lasted a couple of years but I still grow several species, when they flower I'll pop them in the PDB

This message was edited Apr 8, 2004 6:01 PM

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Baa,
Thanks for your insight! Is Epimedium's English name Bishop's Mitre? It's nice.
Japanese name is "Ikari sou" "Ikari" means anchor in English. Because the shape of flower look like anchor:) I'm looking forward to see yours in PDB!

knees,
You have four varieties? Great! Burgundy one sounds like beautiful. Their leaves are really pretty , huh? I cut the dead leaves just before they come out on early spring .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.