Can Someone Spare Some Melon Seeds?

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Last year I had a lot of different kinds of melon seeds and now, I can't find them,I don't want a whole pack, that would be too many...does anyone have some that I can trade and/or pay postage for?
I have a lot of Clematis seed, it isn't marked so not sure, what kind it is, it is probably a Texsenis spp.
I also have a Mini Pink Morning Glory
Mexican Hats
Liatrus
Garlic Chives
I have a lot of seed for various things, I seem to have collected a variety of Cosmos, lots of different kins of Basil, four kinds of Beans...ask me, I may have it!

Thumbnail by melvatoo
Skowhegan, ME(Zone 5b)

Hi Melvatoo,
I have some Honey Dew Melon and some Canteloupe Melon seeds if your interested? If you are E-mail me and we can make the arrangements. Respectfully, Edward Little Hawk.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Someone wrote to me re. the melon seed, I accidentaly deleted the e-mail...Can you write again? Thanks.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

oh, that was me, I am glad I remembered to check back. I have amny kinds of melons, mostly watermelon varieties. Not very many seeds of each though, since I planted some of each already. Let me know what you wish to trade. Clematis are nice, or basil, what kind of beans do you have? Time to plant those too...

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Melva~I have Sugar Baby (Organic) and Black Tail, both came from Southern Exposure Seed Exchange. I will be planting those soon, but can spare a few of each. The Black Tail is smaller than the sugar baby. Two others, I don't have the packets in front of me, are Early Moonbean (yellow meat) and Crimson somethin-er-other (red meat). They are from Seeds of Change, both certified organic. I have already planted those, and may have almost a whole packet left of each. I have Hale's Best Jumbo, one packet. I lost all of mine during a recent dry/heat spell right after they came up, so I will replant a few, but will have 1/2 packet or more left over. They are really good muskmelons, very much like cantaloupe. I have a LOT of winter squash, esp. Sweet Keeper (needs lots of space, big as pumpkins and better tasting), and Libra, a more compact 10 ft vine. Both of those are from SOC, Organic. Then I have Butternut and Delicata, I will be planting those soon and expect to have some seed left out of just one packet of each. I don't have as much space as I have seed. I was just going to keep them till next year, but I would LOVE to have clematis and all those kinds of beans you mentioned. I don't know much about clematis, just needed some shade. We are in the Panhandle, Fritch is by Lake Meredith. I guess you are in zone 8. It is supposed to rain this weekend, so I need to get busy finishing pumplin, corn, beans, cukes and squash plantings. I will look for your reply later, thanks for responding! TamaraFaye ...oh, and if you have any honeydew melon left, i didn't get any and wish I had...

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Tamara Faye.
Let me look through my seeds and check on what I have, I am not sure if I have any honeydew...
I would be interested in Black Tail Watermelon, Libra, and the Delicata Squash....
I am not sure, but I think Clematis grows pretty slow from seed. I have always started with plants...
I think my seed is this one...

Thumbnail by melvatoo
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Melva~Beautiful photo! The pink blooms would look great with my 2 Jackmani vines I already planted-- is it okay to grow different ones together, I will only have one place to grow them? And what did you mean by the Sweet Autumn being a thug, cause if you mean it grows fast, that would be splendid!...

Went through my seeds again. The Delicata is a vine, they were out of the bush, of course Libra is a vine, all my other squash are bush, and I have 10-12 more varieties than I listed. We have been getting lots of unusual rain here, which, with the mosquitos, has put me behind on planting. I am sorry my last post was so long...

Yes, I know where Denton is, my MK Director lives in Krum. I have not opened the Black Tail or Delicata, so I don't know how many seeds I have, but the Libra I have at least two full packets extra, maybe 3. thanks...Tamara

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

When I say the Sweet Autumn Clematis is a thug...I mean it is very invasive...it doesn't like to stay where you put it , I have it growing everywhere, in the grass, with the roses (that is tries to strangle) is is everywhere! It takes a couple of years for it to get to the 'thug' point, and it is gorgeous when it blooms, but you really need a large area for it. If you have limited space, I would stick with some of the other Clematis...
I haven't had a chance to go through my seeds yet....but I will.

Thumbnail by melvatoo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.