I'm having fun!

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

Living in such a small space- containers are way i usually go. with some inspiration from yall- i've gone all out this year! the strawberry planter is an experiment and just kinda goofy looking, but i like it. :) thats coleus, bluebonnets, and red verbena.

Thumbnail by art_n_garden

more coleus, verbena and bluebonnets. (this is what i keep on my north facing doorstep- there was another thread about that)

im in love with coleus! i bought these today & love the colors. just wanted to share my new pretty container plants with yall

Garberville, CA(Zone 9a)

This is what I did with my Strawberry pot... Crocus in the side pockets, and Hyacinth and Tulips in the center. The crocus came up first, then while they were in full bloom, the hyacinth came up. After both had died, the tulips began showing themselves, and are now mostly in full bloom. A couple buds yet.

Picture taken on Feb 20th.

Thumbnail by ladyrowan
Garberville, CA(Zone 9a)

And here is the pot with Hyacinths blooming. March 11th.

Thumbnail by ladyrowan

thats really neat! its so hard to organize those guys to bloom at once huh. but i like how you have blooms for a lot longer when they're staggered like that. HEY! happy birthday !! :) Hope you have a wonderful day.

Garberville, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank you! I had a wonderful birthday. Saw a movie, hung out with a friend, and bought some more plants! What more could a girl want?

As for the Strawberry pot, I have one more picture that I took this morning, but I haven't downloaded it from my camera yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.