hand power sprayer

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

looky what i found. a 32 oz. rechargable power sprayer. this is definitely up the alley for any of you with hand or arm problems. check it out.
http://www.spray-n-growgardening.com/ama/cgi-bin/dc.pl?html=full&data=data&key=DUROBLAST&keywords=dept_gardeningsupplies

edited to include these other 2 wheeled sprayers that you don't have to pump or carry.
http://www.spray-n-growgardening.com/nd/gardeningsupplies

This message was edited Apr 3, 2004 3:18 PM

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

That sprayer looks a lot like the one which came with the Spectracide Triple Strike we bought Saturday. It has a battery operated sprayer which uses 4 AA batteries. It's 1.3 gallon, ready to use, and the container's re-fillable.

The sprayer is what made me want to try it; it's too hard pumping those little hand sprayers repeatedly, and I don't have much better luck with the pressurized gallon sprayers.

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

gardenwife,
i like your sprayer too. mine came in and i'm charging her up today. i'm looking forward to spraying something. :) i got 1 extra refill container for it but there will probably be a few more in my future. ;)
I would think you could use yours with other products too, in other containers.
i also bought the two wheel sprayer but it hasn't come in yet. looking forward to that too. although, 2 gallons can be quite heavy. we'll see how it actually works etc when it gets here.
ill keep you posted. ;)

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I sure like the looks of that one 2 gallon pull behind, Debi. I may have to save up some money and get one of those. Yesterday I ended up spending $20 for parts that I'll have to return because they don't fit the old sprayers we have. A new one just like the old one is $23. My big question about the pull beind ones is, Who makes it and what are the chances of getting replacement parts? I've about had it with Hudson sprayers. And Smith is no longer available around here at least. Jerry Baker gets nearly a $100 for the same one this place gets $60 for.

I ended up using up 5 40 oz. window spray bottles of herbicide yesterday. Boy is my shoulder sore and I have a blister on each hand from the bottle rubbing against it. I told my DH that it is a shame when I can get a better sprayer FILLED with a product for $1-$2 at Dollar General than I can buy EMPTY at a garden center for $23.

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

I have to use the industrial size 25 gallon one. The pump isn't any good anymore and the new pump is $95. OUCH

I might get one of these little ones for around my house. Looks like it would be handy when I don't want to use the trailer one.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Check out this thread: http://davesgarden.com/t/426575/

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

gardenwife, thanks for the fuel filter idea. also, i used the old containers like yours last year for spraying, unfortunately i didn't have that neato spray attachment.

i know for sure that your hand can get very soar if you have to do more than 1 or 2 plants with those pump sprayers.

this is the link where i purchased mine.
http://lawn-and-garden.aubuchonhardware.com/mowers_and_tractors/hand_sprayer_and_dusters/wheel_pump_sprayer-763409.asp

it is made by Gilmor. there is a link at the bottom of the above page and there is a 1-800 # for there catalogue and brief desc of company.

i paid $49.97 for mine. best price i could find. i went to an aubuchon hardware store and they did not honor the prices that are online.

debi z

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

That's nice! I saw one of those in a mail order catalog we got, "Improvements". I ended up returning the Spectracide before using it. We got a 1 gallon pressure sprayer and a bottle of RU concentrate.Howie sprayed and I held the cardboard up in front of good plants to protect them. That was last Saturday -- I'm seeing dying weeds finally, yay!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

oh gardenwife that is on my "to do list" too. we are back to 50-55 F the past couple of days and that leaves me indoors. although i did get to go to a nursery for a few yesterday. but the cold kept my purchases in check. ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.