2 Wheeled Wheel Barrell

Apple Valley, CA(Zone 11)

Found this neat wheel barrell at Wal-mart. Have been having trouble falling with the typical kind. Had brain tumor removed (good news - little chance that it will reoccur. Bad news - have to deal with falling down & double vision, my biggest obstacles to gardening!)

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

good news about the tumor. thank goodness. the others, a small price to pay for life.

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

we love our two wheeled wheel barrow we bought at Sears two years ago. It sure has done a lot of work around this farm.

I am glad your tumor won't return according to the Doctors. That is great news.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

We've had a two wheeled RubberMaid one for several years and love it. It also has 2 square post like legs in the back. It's very stable and weather proof too.

Ours is a steel wheel barrow just like you can get for mixing concrete in. It is nice to dump things and doesn't tip easily. A little harder to turn a corner but it makes up for that with the stability.

We also have a two wheeled wooden cart that we have had for many years. Poor thing has seen its day now with all the farm work it has had to do but I use it in the garden for cleanup times and times when DH is using the other one.

Love both of them. I sure am glad there are clever people out there inventing things to make our life easier.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

i have a very deep plastic 4 wheeled wheelbarrow, that i use mostly for clean up time. less trips outback into the woods and it is very stable. for now the other 1 wheeled barrow works fine for me.

I can't even begin to push a one wheeled wheelbarrow. They topple me. Then you should see me try to get back up. What a comedy that is!!!!!

Tallahassee, FL(Zone 8b)

I wonder, does anyone, besides probably "Shoe," use the old kind that had the flat steel one-wheel with the flat square barrow with up-and-out-sloped sides? Ours was painted red, and we used it forever. Never had to worry about getting a flat tire! Or did my dad make ours?

He was a machinist, and made my first tricycle with steel wheels. I still have pictures of it. Maybe he did make the wheelbarrow! If you put it in the shed after using it, it didn't rust. It was strong and steady, but wasn't heavy, and had perfect balance, once you got old enough and strong enough to push it! I loved it. It got much use all those years.

Judith that is the type of wheelbarrow I have been talking about that is my two wheeled one. The one wheel just knocks me over if I am going down a slope or trying to turn a sharp corner and the load shifts. The two wheel is more stable but just a little harder to turn those corners.

Tallahassee, FL(Zone 8b)

It has two wheels in front, and legs/posts in back to set it down on? One wheel on each side, or two side by side in the middle? I've seen both. The two in the middle offer more stability than just one wheel in the middle, but we have one now that has four wheels that I use for gardening. Handy for loading up limbs and brush, weeds, or for rolling garden supplies around. Cuts down on number of trips back and forth.

Of course, I can't recall how many garden hand tools I've "dumped" into the compost pile, or buried under the pine straw mulch I use. DH is always having to buy me new ones. : )

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

judithI, and i thought i was the only one who dumped things into the compost piles and woods. just bought me a new pair of by pass pruners. lol those disappear like cookies at a 4 year olds bday party

Tallahassee, FL(Zone 8b)

I always keep 2-3 of each hand tool on hand, because I know each work outside day, one will be lost!

Maybe it would be cheaper to invest in a metal detector (for future lost items--old lost items are rust now).

But, by the time I'm finished with the work, who feels like walking all over the yard with a metal detector? I'd rather just buy a new one. LOL

It has two wheels fairly close to the front which makes for easy dumping but they are pretty well balanced for us too. The only objection we have had to it in three years of use is that for my tall men here they keep stubbing the front brace into the ground if they lift the back end too much.

Our tools keep turning up most of the time. They may be out in the corrals with the sheep or out in the pasture where DH was weeding out the thistles but eventually they are found.

Tallahassee, FL(Zone 8b)

In our humidity, they would rust in a week outside!

Nawwww it would take at least two weeks!

Tallahassee, FL(Zone 8b)

A week is a very conservative estimate. Rust begins here on the first day outside, especially if we get rain, or run the sprinkler.

Must make it fun to try to keep a car for several years like we do then. Our newest vehicle is a 1985. lol

BTW I dump most of my so called compost over the back fence and let the sheep and goats pick through it. Then later I use their "droppings" for my gardens. The wheelbarrow gets a lot of use that way.

Now, if I could only teach them to drop INTO the wheelbarrow. sigh That would sure be nice.

Tallahassee, FL(Zone 8b)

Now that's what I call a self-perpetuating composter. Do you have a patent on it????? All you have to do now is design and build a combination self-perpetuating collector bin and compost transporter to each plant site. Then you could write yourself out of the equation!

We keep our cars in the garage. Mine is a 1989 Ford and DH's is a 1992 Ford truck. Ford's are built to last!

Our cars and trucks would fall apart if they ever saw a garage for themselves. I think they would ask for more pay then.

hmmmm I DO have an old conveyor belt out in the back that I was going to cut up for horse pads for the horse trailer. Maybe I should rethink the use of that?

Tallahassee, FL(Zone 8b)

I can hear the wheels grinding now. You suppose you could train them to "plop" where you want them to, like house pets get trained? Maybe they could plop right on the conveyor belt?????

Burleson, TX

Hi, I just bought the same one, I love it! It is especially useful as I have lots of terrain to navigate over and around. I am happy to hear your brain tumor shouldn't recur. A series of strokes has also left me with reduced vision and rather clumsy. My wheel barrow often doubles as a "walker", especially when I am tired but too stubborn to quit!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.