APHIDS!!

Commerce, GA(Zone 8a)

Need advice . What can I use to remove aphids from my hibiscus plants? I bought Neem at Lowe's , but directions say"Do not use on hibiscus!" any advice appreciated. Thanks, Melba

Walkerton, VA(Zone 7a)

Try some insecticidal soap. Safer is one well known brand.

Commerce, GA(Zone 8a)

Ok, thanks. will get some today. I srayed with half alcohol,& half water with a dash of Dawn, but they are still there!

Flower Mound, TX(Zone 7b)

Ladybugs devour aphids, they are working on my roses.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7b)

You can spray your plants with a stream of water and knock them off. This also RIPS there mouth parts off and even if they survive and climb back up they can not continue eating. You may need to spay a couple times to get them all. But if you don't like using chemicals its another option. Like said above ladybugs workwell. lacewings also devour aphids. Good luck.

Winchester, VA(Zone 6b)

aphids don't like horse manure in my experience

Great Falls, MT

You can now buy it commercial, but I still make my own. In a spray bottle, as in windex spray bottle, cleaned out, add water, put in a couple of drops of dish soap, and a couple drops of liquid hot sauce. Most bugs hate it, I never use anything else to get rid of bugs except this. The soap helps to keep the mist on the plants, be sure to spray top and bottom of the plants. Good luck.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.