I need help selecting new scales.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I am so upset and angry right now over my scales and their inaccuracy. I've known them to not agree with the doctor's scales but have never known them to be so far off as they were this morning. I've decided to just buy a new one.

According to my scales this morning I weighed 168#. A big loss for me in the past few weeks. According to the doctor's scales just about 3 hours later I weighed 176#. This is just not acceptable to me. I didn't have on much different clothes at the 2 weighings so it couldn't have been the clothes.

Now comes the problem/question. What brand & model do most of you folks use to weigh on at home? Please remember that I am not wealthy and need something under $20 if at all possible and still have some accuracy there under me at weigh-in time. These that we have are not but about 8 years old and were quite expensive at the time. Something like $35. But because my hubby had just had 5 by-pass heart surgery I was willing to go that high to get accuracy. I should have taken them back when we first suspected they weren't correct. We have always had to reset the needle to zero everytime we use it. Now I am ready to just pitch them toward my grandson for taking apart practice. Who knows, he may fix them for next to nothing.

Ok, I've sounded off. Please let me know what the rest of you use. Thanks.

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!