My Lilacs are starting to bloom

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Here are two photos

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Wally had to get in on this one

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Mine will be in bloom with-in the next week at most....nearly a month early this year. Weired
Yours are beautiful! Thanks for sharing :-)

Brundidge, AL(Zone 8b)

are they pink? or is that just the camera? mine are purple , of course i am sure their are different varieties

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

They are more like a light lilac or pink I guess. Here is another photo I just took this morning

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is one more photo

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

I am sooooooooo jealous! Your flowers are beautiful. I have a lilac thatIve had for about 4-5 years and its never bloomed yet. First couple of years it was too small and the year I thought it would bloom the dog chewed it down to about an inch from the ground. Im keeping my fingers crossed for this year and hoping I get to enjoy blooms this year like you.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

My tree is four years old and just keeps getting better each year. I just love when the breeze blow the fragrance into the kitchen window. I can just hear the bees buzzing around the lilacs.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Mine are all in full blomm right now...popped open this past weekend. In my opinion there just isn't a better fragrance in the world......ahhhhhhh

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I'd have to agree with you on that, but then again, night blooming jasmine is pretty darn sweet too.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Lilac, jasmine, and hyacinth......heaven :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.