More chicks on the way!!!!!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Yes.. more chicks!!! I noticed my rooster was just himself.. Where's other hen?? I went and searched around and found.. other hen's been sitting on eggs!!! Ohhhh more baby chicks on the way... maybe on easter time? She was sitting inside of the trash can that filled with potting soils on the ground. I better move her and the eggs to the safe pen.

Now we will have more chickens! Right now we only have 3!

Yesterday, I had to build a pen for other hen.. I was cutting the woods and hammer nails in it. I hit hammer on my thumb.. OUCH!!! I wanted to cry!! It was all myself with my kids.. You know where DH was.. He went for motorcycle riding with his friend.. When he came back.. I told him what happened.. He felt so bad for not being here to help me!

So after I finish build the pen, I will have to move hen in the pen during night. I learned it from Horseshoe.. Thanks Horseshoes.

Now my thumb is kinda burise! LOL..

This message was edited Mar 29, 2004 9:28 AM

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!