Container Condo

Myrtle Beach, SC(Zone 8a)

I want ANY & ALL ideas on HOW-TO Garden in a very small
area. I have little yards, the front almost non-existant at the
new condo we are moving to in April.

KEEP EM COMING YA'LL! I need ALL The HELP I can get!
This is a NEW fun project for me, as I have always had a yard
that had little limits. But I KNOW nothing is limitted when you
have DG pals helping you "garden & grow".

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

TexasJewel, I have a yard but I also do alot of container gardening. Actually, gardening in pots is fun and the variety is limitless. Check out TomTom for the most fascinating and imaginative ideas. He is an inspiration. I use lots of wave petunias as my starting plant. Climbing vines in pots with trellis next to pot are great. Ideas for pots are limitless too.
I have even lined baskets I have gotten at Goodwill with perferated plastic and planted impatients in them under my patio rhody's.

Sarasota, FL(Zone 9b)

You need to start stacking...get a pile of concrete blocks so you will be ready to stack. I've painted them dak green or terra cotta and they look just fine...afterall noone looks at them, ut what is oN them!

Okay Thanks !!! :D
Hey what about the 6' ft. fence I have? I am thinking about making boxes on it, placing plant hangers on it, and also little wooden trays to set containters in.
What are your thoughts on that?

Is there a LINK to "TomTom" you are talking about? :)

These are great and easy to make.

Thumbnail by CoCo
Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Beautiful COCO! How easy are they to make?

DALEP6, How about a picture of how you stack your concrete blocks?

As you may tell, I'm looking for ideas on getting my containers in a small space.

Pati

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Co0Co, how did you make that darling container?

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

I read it somewhere on DG, so I went to the "Dollar Store" and bought a plastic kitchen strainer. They come in bright, jewel tone colors. I filled a blue one with bright pink Dianthus and it really pops out.

Goodwill stores are a gold mine! I found tiny little terra cotta pots that I start my Jade plants in, and I seem to always find some kind of container every time I go.
Pati

I apologize for not posting the directions to the 3-tiered pot sooner; just busy.

3-Tiered Pot

This project is very easy to do

What You'll Need

3 pots of graduated size
( 7", 9" and 11", or sizes of your choice)
Exacto knife
Weather Shield Acrylic Caulking
Threaded rod
Small artist's brush
Gold lacquer spray
Stain (red mahogany)
Flat black paint (for painting rod ;optional)
Nuts and washers
Epoxy
Pencil

Do your specialty finish on the pots before you assemble them in a tier.
Mark placement of the swag design lightly in pencil.
Cut the caulking tube cap. This will extrude the caulking in a leaf design as in cake decorating.
Load the caulking gun, then extrude small leaves along the pencil lines. Let the caulking dry 24 hours.
Spray the planter with the gold paint. Let dry.
Accent the leaf swag with the red mahogany stain, applied with the small artist's brush. Let dry.
Take the largest pot. Place a nut and washer on the threaded rod. Place rod in the pot so that the washer and nut are resting on the bottom, inside the pot and the rod is level with the outside bottom of pot. Epoxy into place. Helpful advice: Use a level to ensure that the rod is straight. Tape it into place until the epoxy is dry.
Thread on a nut, then a washer for the second pot. Place pot on threaded rod, then a washer and a nut to secure the second pot. Epoxy into place. Repeat this same procedure for the third and final pot.
Paint the threaded rod flat black.
Glue a handle on top.
Plant with your favorite flora, or fill it with towels and use in the bathroom. Another alternative is to place it on the buffet table cascading with wonderful fresh fruit.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Thanks so much, CoCo. I have copied and pasted the directions and the picture into a Word document for later reference. I will start looking for pots right away. I bet that could also be altered a bit to make a beatuiful fountain.

CoCo & All,

THANKS So Much! Those are really SUPER CoCo! Now THAT
would look AWSOME by the staircase indoors too!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.