Wave petunias

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Yesterday at the farm store they had six packs of wave petunias and these were the large six packs too for 99cents. I bought one pink, one purple, and one white. The more I think about this I realize what a deal, don't you think? I am thinking I should get more. I love planting these right into the ground as well as making some hanging baskets.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

From what I am used to seeing, that is an excellent price! Run back for more. ;)

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

I did, Michele!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Why am I not surprised?? Around here they are about $1 per plant and if they pot up to the 4" you are looking at close to $5. OUCH!

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

because I grow my own from seed I know you got a dirt cheap deal, The seed cost roughly .20 because I buy in small quanties.

Did you get Tidal Wave or Silver Tidal Wave it is the only Wave that will sort of clime upon top of it'self if planted close together.Ernie

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

I didn't see either of those specific names given but here is a website that was on the label. http://www.wave-rave.com/

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Good link I learned something now I need to remember to find seed for the tidal wave series in colors other than silver. The ones you got are undoubtly ground huggers. Besides the 100 Tidal wave series I started 125 assorted wave series. Thanks for the link. Ernie

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

I bet these will start from cuttings too don't you think? I have started the calibrochas or million bells from cuttings though they are not super easy.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Lenjo I have a blooming trailing petunia in the green house and some bell something that is also from last year I could give it a try. The new ones are to small though to try with oh some bacopa is going nicely. So cuttings in water or dirt you tell me I will do it.Ernie

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

I am not asking for a cutting but you can take cuttings off of many things for new plants. A lot of the woody shrubs this would be too early but your bell thing might work. I would use a rooting hormone and pumice or clean sharp sand.And if you have bottom heat that would be all the better.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

I knew you wern't asking but you would cetrianly be welcome to any I have in fact bring your truck and we can take the chain saw to my Rohdies lol. I thought you meant cuttings from Wave Petunias and basket stuffers. Ernie

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Ernie where is everson?Since you say zone 8a, I am thinking you are on the west side of the Cascades. I have a couple of monster rhodies myself and I have tried starting azaleas /NOT I can't get them to go.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

100 miles north of seattle yes west side for sure, Rohdies will start if you take a low growing branch and cut it on the underside of the brabch about half way through. Next bend it open and apply rooting powder and place a small stone in the cut to hold it open then bury it and leave it a few months when you pull up gently and meet resistance it should be rooted enough to cut off the mother plant. Maybe the Azalia will do the same. Ernie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.