Datura- where to buy??

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I've noticed a lot of gardeners on this forum grow datura. It sounds interesting, I think my mom may have grown it, I remember a similar flower she called "moon flower"(it wasn't a vine). I have asked my local nurseries and they don't have it, at least not this year. Does anyone know an online source for reasonably priced quality plants.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Zinnia you should post a request on the trading forum. I'll bet there's a kind soul that would be happy to send you a seedling or a cutting from theirs. I usually have seedlings that sprout in my beds but I haven't seen any yet.

Datura is usually not sold as plants, the majority of the major nursery catalogs carry the seeds. Brugmansia (often confused with Datura) is usually purchased as a small rooted cutting or larger potted plant. If I remember correctly, Park Seed carried both Brugmansia plants and Datura seed. Check out E-Bay and do a search for both of these, you'll likely find many listings at a reasonable price.

Chillicothe, OH(Zone 5a)

I have some seedlings I'd be glad to send you for postage or maybe you have something to trade. I've never mailed them before so I'm not sure how they will do but I think they might be alright.

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Burpee also has the seeds

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

I have lots of seed for datura innoxia, which has single white flowers, and I will shortly have mature seeds for what I think is datura metel. It's single-flowered in pale lavender with a darker purple throat. I think I also have a few seeds left of the double-flowered purple variety. E-mail me if you'd like some. Got anything good to trade?

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

If any of you with Brug starts or Datura seeds or seedlings would care to email me, I'm looking for some and always up for a trade.
Sandy

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

I have a bunch of Moon Flower seeds(I've yet to find the latin term) for trade ideally but would SASE too. I'm looking for anything thats out of the ordinary, especially passion flowers. I'll post a picture, they usually have a lot more flowers on the bush. Let me know on the trade or SASE.
Thanks, Jeff

Thumbnail by JLD_II

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.