pneumatic seat for gardening

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

gotta check this out folks. it has a padded seat and back rest, which also raises and lowers with a lever (like an office chair) from 17" to 20". this seat also swivels 360 degrees! two 7 " pneumatic tires, so they don't sink into the soft earth. only $19.99 i know many of you are looking for something just like this.
http://www.onestopgardens.com/osg/taf/Displayitem_os.taf?itemnumber=90473

they had a few other interesting items too including a:
a leaf snatcher rake
"No more bending down! Smooth push-pull action scoops leaves and holds them firmly until you release them. Cut yard cleanup time in half.
Rugged PVC coated steel construction with high-impact tines
62''L x 21''W
Collapsible for easy storage " $9.99
http://www.onestopgardens.com/osg/taf/displayitem_os.taf?Itemnumber=46363

have fun!
debi z

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

That stool is awesome -- We'd have to go on a crash diet before getting one, though! ;) I've seen rakes similar to that, but that looks like it would be a little stronger.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

same problem here gw - like a little bigger ('scuse me, smaller!) cushion of error. Sure looks interesting tho!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Cushion of error...ROTF (help! I'm laughing and I can't get up!)

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Debi Z, This pneumatic garden stool looks exactly what I need now if There is just a way to stop it. Any suggestions? My garden is on a slope and I am afraid I couldn't stop it. I wrote to Harbor Freight and asked them. Will let you know what they say.

Thanks. Jeanette

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I wouldn't think it would be too hard to put in some sort of lever with a catch - something which would act as a wheelstop. I bet if you posted a picture on the handyman forum, someone would have an idea. There's quite a few engineering minds at DG, I've found!

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Thanks Gardenwife, I'll try that. Another thing, when I clicked on Debi's link the picture came up with the $19.99. Then I went back after thinking about it and now it is $24.99. I wrote and asked them but didn't get an answer yet. I am sure I will though.

I asked about suggestions for controling it and she wrote back and said she didn't know but suggested I write to their tech department which I did. We'll see. Jeanette

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Gardenwife,

Did you post to Handyman? I don't know how to do that. I see a reference to it at the top of this thread but it doesn't do anything when I click on it. Jeanette

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Not gw but maybe I can help - click on Preferences in the 'About You' section of your 'Jnette's Menu' box (right side of screen). Then click on 'Forums' in the shaded box on the left side of your screen. Scroll down till you see 'Handyman' and then click the box to put a check in it. That will add it to your 'Watched' list. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'Submit' and you now have the 'Handyman forum' in your watched list. Click on it and ask your question.

Coopersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

how do you get from one place to another? pushing with both feet?

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Debi Z

I really appreciate your info on the scoot from "One stop Gardens". I have tried to order one of these from them several times but, either I am weird and can't figure out their site, or their site is not working right. I even sent them emails several times and they do not answer.

Tomorrow I will try to call them. There is a phone number for them I found tonight.

I called the local "Harbor Freight" who they get the product from and they could not tell me if they had one in their store. When I say local, I am talking about 90 miles away.

I am getting thoroughly frustrated with this outfit. It really does look like something that might work for me. Jeanette

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

jnette, i sure hope you have some luck finding this. let me iknow how you like it?

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

There's a garden scoot for sale at eBay. Is this price competitive? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3186&item=4312285213&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

That is high! I paid about $50.00 for mine and it sure looks the same to me, as the one that I have. I don't think there was any assembly with mine, it just came out of the box (I could be forgetting that part)

Thumbnail by melvatoo
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I couldn't remember who paid what for these - thought that seller's price seemed high.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

And did you look at the shipping? $24.95!! Wow!

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

I have looked and drooled over these at Harbor Freight but they don't have any way of me getting up after I get down. Jeanette, if you want I can go to Harbor Freight and get one for you and send it. LMK before Saturday because that is when we will be near that store. I could ship on Monday or Tuesday for you.

Welcome to DG Jeanette. I hadn't seen you posting before that I can remember. Of course I don't have the best memory either. lol

Lani

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Debi Z, thanks for the heads up on the pneumatic garden stool. I kept trying to order one from these people but their ordering procedure was not the most user friendly or else I am just plain stupid.

Anyway, I kept at it and finally got one ordered tonight. I hope I am going to like it as well as I think I am.

Thanks again. Jeanette

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

i hope so too jeanette, let us know the pro's and cons.
debi z

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Hi Debi,

Well, I recieved my pneumatic garden stool today and was very disppointed. The heighth they quoted was not the heighth of the seat. It was the heighth of the back of the seat. Remember, it has a padded seat.

The actual seat was at maximum heighth 14 1/2" and at the low, 11 3/4". Those are their figures in the instruction pamphlet that came with it. Even if I were able to get up off of it, it was very sloppy. Not steady at all.

I feel very bad about it because I was looking forward to using it.

Thanks, anyway. Maybe next one will work. Jeanette

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

What a bummer. This is good information to know, though. They really need to be more clear on their specs!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

oh how frustrating for you jeanette. well, we'll all keep a look out for something else.

Bradenton, FL(Zone 9b)

i just ordered my pneumatic garden stool from harbor freight. no problem whatsoever, $24.95 plus $7.99 shipping, ugh. however, now that someone said the rise is from 11 and something inches to 14 and something inches, i'm not sure i can get up off it either. i will see, won't i. perhaps modifications can be made. also my weight might be a factor with it. i hope it works, i need it.

Moss Point, MS(Zone 8b)

I saw this last year and just had to have it. It was just as jnett said and I was sick with anger and disappointment. It's too low, very unstable and completely useless. I sent mine out with the trash. I could have bought some nice plants with that money. Now I'm holding my breath for the mail to run tomorrow. I got an old fashioned walker with a seat from Ebay. It has four 8" wheels and the seat looks higher than the newer ones. I'm going to mount a large basket on it. It was $59 with the shipping. Please pray for me because if this doesn't work, I will probably have to go to the hospital. If it does work, I may die of excessive joy.

twigg,

I am praying that it is perfect for you and you won't have to go to the hospital. I also don't want you to die of joy so I am praying that your joy will be full but not kill ya cause that would be the PITS.

Lani

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

lani your the best! :-)

Thanks Debi.

I am wondering how the walker turned out for twigg. I hope it was perfect for her/him and that twigg is happily out weeding these days.

Lani

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

If ya'll are still looking for a scooter may I suggest the one that melvato suggested? I can vouch for it for I weigh 300 lbs and disabled and scoot around on this unit with the greatest of ease. It is available at www.GrowersSupply.com for $69.95. I've seen it with other suppliers for almost $100.00 so if you still don't have something you should try this.

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Anyone want to add new input to this discussion? I've been using the plastic kind and need to replace it. Thanks!

Richmond, MI(Zone 5a)

hi everyone,i was on the other nite looking for the garden scooter and i thought there was one that held up to a 100 pounds person now i cannot fine it just the one for 300 pound personcan any one help me with a name and phone number thank you.

Richmond, MI(Zone 5a)

sorry was suppose to hold a 400 # person sorry

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

The only one that is any good is the Garden Scooter from Gardeners Supply. It is about $79 plus shipping but it is strong and comfortable with a large adjustable tractor seat.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.