Zogola Tomatoes

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

This is my first year raising this variety, but I couldn't help but notice how fast these plants are growing compared to the rest of my tomato plants. All of my plants are raised in the same growing medium and under the same conditions but these are out-doing them all, even the other potato leaf varieties. Has anyone else raised these and what kind of results did you get?

Thumbnail by Big_Red
Louisville, KY

Red, Those are really good looking seedlings you have. I have never grown Zogola; please, keep us posted on their progress. Hope all your germinations are going well.
Gary/Louisville

Salem, NY(Zone 4b)

I've grown them for many years and it's one of the varieties in my book that are pictured and described as a fave.

Huge plants and huge red beefsteak fruits in the 2-3 lb range that are wonderfully tasty.

This is a variety that just keeps putting out those huge fruits every year and is very reliable.

Nothing is known about the history of this variety, which of course bothered my editor when I wrote the book, but for heavens sake, I was going to include my favorites, not just those varieties where there was a story/history. LOL

Carolyn

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I like them too. They do great here and are on my favorite list also.

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Gary, will do! I'm keeping a journal on my 2004 garden and am taking pictures and keeping records of all my veggies.

Carolyn, Mel.....Thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.