brrrr...weather #%^&*!!!

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Last sunday until wednesday we had temps up to 22C and a blue sky....oh grrr..today we have storm, rain and a forecast down to freezing point again. Worst that happened..the cupboard with lots of seedlings got blown down by the storm...could save most of my seedlings but spent whole night replanting them. Ooooh ..I was so happy the first part of the week...finally spring! I 've even enjoyed the noise of the lawn mowers of my neighbours....but now..sigh..pfff

Blenheim, New Zealand

sorry to here your seeding where blown down, but it sounds like you have it all under control.
I have ordered the Beth Chatto book from the library (someone must have it at the moment) so I can see what you are looking at. You seem well pleased with your book.
Hope springs with you soon.

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Thanks Boots...I 'm happy I could save 99% of it..I had to use a broom for a part of it...swept the dirt together and spread it on papers to pick out the seedlings....brr..can you imagine...I 've worked until daylight. I guess this cupboard was to light weight..my other one..the big one...stood firm in this storm.
Oh..that 's great that you could order Beth Chatto 's book from the library...I 'm curious if you 're so much enthusiastic as I am. I 'm looking forward to talk about it with you. Oh..spring will come here ..I'm sure...but I hate this "keep running or stand still" weather" ....LOL..We have a saying here in Holland " maart roert zijn staart" translated: march wags its tail...so I have been warned for this unreliable weather..but still..grrr

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.