Does anyone sew garments? Or home dec?

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Well, I've so enjoyed learning about gardening in the past two years here at Dave's Garden, and as my garden comes along, I can't help but think of 'the next thing'. It's been almost 10 years since I've sewed clothing, or really, anything! I was once an 'intermediate' sewer. I used to make all of my children's halloween costumes, and fun things like that. The last time I sewed 'for myself' was ohmigoodness.....must be the mid 80's.

I went to the recent Sewing Expo in Puyallup, WA and was "very inspired' to begin again. The idea of sewing a garment in a style I like (that fits my figure 'think the BBC show 'What Not To Wear'), in a color that suits me.....it just makes sense. What these women can do (at expo, on sewing sites) with a sewing machine just floored me and also.......inspired me to begin again!

Sooooooooo many sites on the internet for this!!!

Who are our local sewers/garment designers/or quilters in our group? I would love to talk to you and exchange ideas..........not to mention bumping up this forum for all creative ideas. Sewing is not just for garments, but for home decorating and crafts too.

This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!