Compost Goal Mine

(Zone 5a)

I couldn't believe my eyes and I wanted to jump right into the mounds and mounds of beautiful black compost as far as the eye could see and the smell was that of fresh dirt after a summer's rain.....awww it was wonderful.

It's enough to make a greedy gardener like myself go compost crazy. I will take some pictures the next time I go so you can see for yourselves just how beautiful it is and how one can be over come by greed.

Now that I have got that off my chest I can tell you that I bought 620 pounds of beautiful black rich compost and I'll bet no one here can guess how much I paid for it. Well hold on to your seats because it only cost $8.70 plus .59 tax which totaled a whopping $9.29, my life's saving lol.
I only wish I had a pick up truck, we would have enough to cover the whole garden.

We were hit by a snow storm today with 4" of snow or we would be back there today loading up more. I can't wait until the next warm day that the OB doesn't have to work so we can go back for more.

This message was edited Mar 17, 2004 12:04 AM

This thread has 21 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!