trellis for pots

Sarasota, FL(Zone 9b)

Most of my gardening is containers. I have rigged many different trellis type apparati...some good, some not so clever. How to you all go about getting a trellis in a pot sturdy even in a north wind?? I saw something really neat in a catalog which I cannot not find now, but it went on the outside of the pot and had rebar bent at 90 degree angles and the pot sat on that holding the trellis in shape. And of course they say,"Will grow to 3' in container and it grows to 7'
I need to find a source for some clever trellises...an suggestions?

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I use 3 or 4 bamboo stakes and make a teepee. I tie the top with twine and spread the steaks out to the edges of the pot. If I think the vine will need more to cling to I might weave twine around the stakes.

I also use tomato cages in pots. It's not the most attractive trellis but once the vine covers it you can't see it anyway.

This message was edited Mar 15, 2004 9:24 AM

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

The tomato cages work great for me..all sizes for different size pots..

Larkie

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Larkie you are so cute! :)

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL..
Cute? You should see me right now..It's 5:am, and I look it...

Larkie

Garberville, CA(Zone 9a)

A Tomato cage is a fabulous idea! I just planted some pink jasmine in pots for my upper deck (we have lots of deer) and I've been trying to decide how to set up a trelis in the pot. But a large tomato cage should work like a charm!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.