Found some neat hooks to hang Epi Baskets under trees

Mesilla Park, NM

These are from Lowes in the Paint Dept. for $1.88 each. They are perfect for hanging the Epi baskets, they swivel too.. Just wanted to share this.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Neat hook!
I'm going there tonight anyway I'll check them out.
Thanks Gourd.
Ric

Northern California, CA

Gourd -

Love those hooks!! Now I just need to find some trees big enough to hang them on. :-)

(Have my fingers crossed that the winter wind storms are over.....we lost 3 trees this winter. At this rate, I'll never have any trees.)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I picked some up Friday night.
Thanks for the tip Gourd

Valley Village, CA

They look like they would work for my Rhipsalis, and Hoya and Ceropegia as well, thanks for the suggestion. Crasulady

Mesilla Park, NM

Using the hooks above, we hung these under this tree and hope that I made a good choice here (afraid of the summer heat).. These are the epies that are left after root rats had the munchies..

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Since the branches were alot thicker than these hooks could handle, we used the rubber ties to wrap around the branch, then the hook with the swivel, then the Epie baskets..

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

one more view. Does anyone know how often they will need water since the wind will defintely be blowing through there?

Thumbnail by Gourd
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I really like that look!
We have a few more weeks before I can be taking anything out though.

Thanks for the bungee cord idea also Gourd!

Ric

Mesilla Park, NM

Your welcome Ric, the roof rats have been eating my epies.. so hopefully this will stop them some.. some of them have buds on them already... will post a pic of them when they bloom. This one here bloomed last year.. and the darn roof rats ate most of it.

Thumbnail by Gourd

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.